Multi-Property Landlord & Portfolio Insurance
If you are a landlord with a rental portfolio you can rent up to 15 properties online or alternatively you can call 0800 63 43 880 to discuss your requirements with our team of expert advisers.
What’s covered by portfolio insurance?
Our portfolio cover offers all the protection you would expect from a leading landlord insurance company.
You can mix and match your policy by choosing from our Essential and Premier options.
They offer buildings, landlord contents and public liability insurance – although the indemnity limit for Essential customers is £2 million, rising to £5 million for those taking out a Premier policy.
Both fully cover the basics, but Premier offers some extra safeguards that go that extra distance for professional landlords.
- You choose the level of cover you want based on the requirements of your property business
- Don’t worry if you have a mix of freehold and leasehold properties, houses or flats, or rent to tenants in shared houses in multiple occupation in some and professional couples in others, as Total Landlord Insurance has got you covered regardless of who rents your homes
- As a professional landlord, if you increase your portfolio at any time, the policy is flexible to take care of any additions while keeping administration simple by offering one renewal date
If you want to go with Premier, expect some upgrades and extras.
- Cover for voids is a standard 30 days with Essential, compared with 90 days for Premier
- Rent loss protection is 20% of the buildings sum assured with essential, rising to 30% for Premier
- Essential and Premier both include cover for theft by violence and forcible entry, but Premier adds theft by tenants or their guests
- Premier also covers malicious damage by tenants and their guests and offers extensive property disputes support
Both levels of cover include access to a dedicated in-house claims team of expert advisers providing customers with a sole point of contact should the worst happen
Choose your extras
You know your business best, so we leave some important decisions about portfolio insurance to you.
- You decide how much excess is right for you – £100, £250, £500 or £1,000
- You can opt to protect your property against loss or damage resulting from terrorism
- If you have staff, add statutory employer’s liability cover with our Premier policy for protection against your legal liability to pay compensation, claimants costs and expenses if an employee becomes sick or is injured at work
About Hamilton Fraser Landlord Insurance
Total Landlord Insurance has specialised in comprehensive cover for landlords since 1996. Our aim is to offer simple to understand and cost-effective buy to let insurance that does not sacrifice quality for price.
That means our customers get the very best insurance cover at a reasonable cost.
With Essential and Premier, we have created two policies that combine the necessary elements of buildings and contents insurance that landlords need, and added worthwhile extras like rent loss and liability cover.
If you want to find out more, ring 0800 63 43 880 and speak to one of our professional advisers who can run through the pros and cons of each policy.
After all, with more than 20 years’ experience in buy to let, we have picked up a vast inside knowledge of the industry – and we’re only too willing to share what we’ve learned.
In 2017, we won the Best Landlord Insurance Provider at the Insurance Choice Awards, highlighting the additional work we put into providing reliable support and accurate advice.