I let out a leasehold flat and the freeholder arranges building cover, do I need any additional cover?

Get a quote


Search our FAQs

Your freeholder’s policy will normally cover the buildings and communal areas and will also cover their liability to you as the leaseholder but this would not protect you should your tenant or their guests sustain an injury whilst at your property.  We would recommend that you purchase leaseholders liability cover as this would protect you should your tenant or their guests try to make a claim for injury.

You should also consider arranging cover for any fixtures and fittings not covered by the freeholder’s policy and contents you have left at the premises for the benefit of the tenant.

Related questions

Get a landlord insurance quote

Get a quote online in under 4 minutes