Make a home or holiday home insurance claim
Please check your policy schedule for the name of your insurer.
Policies underwritten by Fairmead Insurance Limited
Call on: 0344 856 2158
Monday to Friday – 8am to 5.30pm
Policies underwritten by Hiscox
Call on: 0120 677 3919
Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
To report a claim out of hours, please call 0120 677 3776.
Policies underwritten by Pen Underwriting
Call on: 0344 856 1193
To report a claim out of hours, please call 0333 010 0790.
Policies underwritten by Home and Legacy
Call on: 0344 893 8360
Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm
What to do in the event of a claim
- If you’ve experienced malicious damage, theft or a break-in, report it to the police who will provide you with a crime reference number – you will need this for insurance purposes
- Where possible, make the property safe and secure by carrying out emergency repairs to avoid further damage. Engage the services of a professional if necessary – remember to retain all receipts or invoices so that these costs can be considered as part of your claims
- If the property is unsafe, for example if you’ve experience a fire or flood, please ensure that it it sealed off and no one is granted access
- Take date and time-stamped photos if it safe to do so
- Contact your insurer to notify them of the situation and begin the claim process