Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Landlord contents insurance

Our landlord contents insurance is designed to cover the contents that you have supplied your tenants in your rental property.

Get a quote Retrieve a quote

You can rest assured you have the right insurance if you want to safeguard your investment in furniture, soft furnishings, white goods and homeware that you have provided for your tenants.

After all, furnishing a property for tenants comes at a significant cost and you will want to make sure that investment is protected.


Why do you need a landlord contents insurance cover?

Some landlords believe standard home insurance will do the job for them, but these policies typically have a clause excluding claims relating to people other than the homeowner and their immediate family.

Although home contents cover is often cheaper, it’s a false economy because the insurer will not pay out if you make a claim on a tenanted property.


Our landlord contents insurance

Total Landlord Insurance offers two contents policies – Essential, which more than adequately covers the basics and Premier, which includes everything offered by the Essential package plus extra features and enhanced benefits.

Protection against damage

Our Essential landlord contents insurance gives you our best protection against:

  • Accidental damage to glass and sanitary fittings
  • Single article claims limited to £500

With our Premier policy, all the above are covered plus:

  • Malicious damage by tenants and/or guests
  • Landlord’s gardening equipment in outbuilding
  • Single article claims limited to £1,000

Get a quote

Get a quote for your landlord contents insurance today

Protection against theft

Essential covers for theft by violent and forcible entry only, while Premier adds an extra layer of protection by providing cover for theft by tenants and/or their guests and theft of your gardening equipment from an outbuilding.


Contents belonging to tenants

These are not protected by a landlord contents policy. Tenants should seek take out their own contents insurance to cover their possessions.


Get a landlord contents insurance quote now

If you’re a residential landlord looking for landlord contents insurance for one to five buy-to-let properties, you can get a quick quote in less than a minute online.

You can choose from our Essential package, providing basic cover for new and existing landlords, and our Premier policy, which will protect you against more eventualities.

If you have more than five properties, or you’d prefer to speak to one of our expert advisers, contact us  on 0800 63 43 880 to find out more about our landlord buildings insurance.

You can also email us at or send us your details and request a call back.

As with all insurance policies, terms, conditions and exclusions apply and so it is important that you understand what you are buying.

Please refer to our policy wording or contact our expert advisers on 0800 63 43 880 who will be able to answer your queries.

Get a quote

Get a quote for your landlord contents insurance today