Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Landlord Buildings Insurance

Landlord buildings insurance is a key element of a buy to let landlord’s business.

Get a quote Retrieve a quote

What does the landlord buildings insurance cover?

Without adequate cover, the asset that is the foundation of the business is at risk.

That’s why landlords should make sure they have the best protection they can afford to avoid unforeseen fire, flooding or weather-related damage striking.

Total Landlord Insurance landlord buildings insurance comes in two levels to give property investors complete peace of mind.

Both our Premier and Essential building insurance packages cover fire, flooding or weather-related damage – plus malicious damage.

The cost of repairing malicious damage can be high and must come from cash flow unless you have specific insurance in place to cover the risk.


Protection against damage

The Total Landlord Insurance Premier policy covers accidental and malicious damage by tenants.

Accidents do happen – tenants can break a window or leave the bath running to overflow.

Some landlords even have unhappy tenants who break sanitary fittings or doors out of spite.

Premier covers this and much more.

Any accidental or malicious damage by your tenants and their guests, violent and forcible entry to your property and accidental damage to glass and sanitary fittings is protected.

The policy also looks after extras that are often expensive to put right but which are often overlooked, like damage to gardens by emergency services attending incidents as well as trace-and-access should tradesmen need to open walls or ceilings to make repairs to pipes or cables in the property.

Protection against theft

Our Essential policy covers theft by tenants and their guest if they make a forcible and violent entry or exit from your property.

As you would expect, Premier goes further with extra cover.

Total landlord Insurance will also pay for replacing locks if tenants lose their keys in a hold-up.

Get a quote

Get a quote online in under 4 minutes

Protection against rent loss

Premier covers rent loss if your tenants must move out of your property because of an insured event, like a fire rendering the home uninhabitable.

Accidents and damage do not only happen with tenants in a rented property. They may also occur during voids between tenancies.

Essential offer full buildings insurance cover for void periods of up to 30 days, while Premier stretches this cover to a full 90 days.

If you have a buy to let mortgage, the lender will insist as part of the loan contract that the building is always insured regardless of if tenants are living there.


Extra protection

While our Essential cover looks after all the basics, Premier is designed to offer some extra peace of mind with all the features of our Essential cover, but with enhanced levels of protection.

Our Premier landlord buildings insurance is designed to cover as many eventualities as possible, even damage to CCTV systems, loss of metered water or oil and removing insect or bird nests by professional pest control companies.

Get a quote

Get a quote online in under 4 minutes