Expert advice on choosing a good letting agent
Paul Shamplina, renowned industry expert and Brand Ambassador for Hamilton Fraser and Sean Hooker, Head of Redress for the Property Redress Scheme, talked about what landlords need to know, in order to choose a good letting agent in the third episode of the podcast series ‘Landlords, lettings and deposits – expert advice from Hamilton Fraser.’
What the podcast covers:
Paul and Sean discuss the importance of choosing a good letting agent and what impact this could have for landlords, including;
- An explanation of what a redress scheme is and why it is a legal requirement for letting agents to join
- The legal requirements for a letting agent
- Advice on what questions landlords should ask when deciding on a letting agent
- The difference between a ‘let only’ or a ‘fully managed service’ letting agent offering
- The reasons why it is important for a letting agent to have client money protection
- The procedure if a tenant/ landlord has a complaint or dispute with their letting agent
Stay up to date with the latest episodes of the podcast series by subscribing now.
If you have any issues or topics you would like the podcast series to cover, use our #AskPaul hashtag on our @totallandlord Twitter page or search Total Landlord Insurance on Facebook.