Do I need to notify HMRC when I become a landlord?

Get a quote


Search our FAQs

As a landlord you need to notify HMRC when you start to receive letting income. If you make money from letting a property, you may have to complete a self assessment tax return (depending on your total income) so that you can pay the required tax on your letting income. For more information visit the HMRC.

Get a landlord insurance quote

Get a quote online in under 4 minutes