Do landlords need contents insurance?

Get a quote


Search our FAQs

Contents insurance covers items inside the property. Landlords will need contents insurance if they rent furnished or part furnished properties and provide tenants with furniture, appliances or garden equipment. Contents insurance covers the landlord’s contents against perils such as fire, storm, burst pipes, flood, theft and malicious damage. Your tenant is responsible for the cover of their own possessions, to be on the safe side this should be clarified with the tenant.

Related questions

Get a landlord insurance quote

Get a quote online in under 4 minutes