Is buildings insurance a legal requirement for landlords?

Get a quote


Search our FAQs

There is no legal requirement for a landlord to have building insurance for their rental property, but it will often be a requirement of your mortgage lender. A standard home insurance policy isn’t designed for rental properties – you need specialist landlord insurance that will provide you with adequate cover in the event that your property is vandalised or damaged by a flood.

Related questions

Get a landlord insurance quote

Get a quote online in under 4 minutes