Hamilton Fraser are looking for a Solicitor to join their legal division (Landlord Action). The successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking all step 1, step 2 and step 3 landlord and tenant possession legal work on behalf of Landlord Action clients and any other legal work required by the company that they are qualified to undertake.
We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter to come and be a part of the Hamilton Fraser family. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join a growing organisation and develop and build a career for them-self. This opportunity offers plenty of scope for progression and opens up doors to other areas of the Business.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Advising on new files, requesting information if required and drafting notices to end tenancies.
- Contacting clients after notice has expired to see whether they require a claim to be drafted.
- Drafting possession claims and other required documentation such as witness statements then keeping client updated of progress of claim.
- Preparing case for any hearing including communicating with clients and defendants, drafting brief to advocate and case bundle where required.
- Keeping track of case directions where required.
- Contacting clients after possession order awarded to see whether they require a bailiff application to be drafted. If they do then drafting the application.
- Contacting clients at end of matters to discuss progress and up-sell other Hamilton Fraser products.
- Keeping track of case matters for billing purposes.
- Taking over more complex cases from Paralegals where appropriate.
- Work to set company billing targets.
- Assisting with and covering Consultant Solicitor’s cases.
We’d like you to have:
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales or European Qualified Solicitor with the right to practice in England and Wales.
- Direct experience of residential landlord and tenant possession work is a necessity. Experience of other general litigation such as debt recovery is preferable.
- A high level of English language skills with a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and grammatically, in writing as well as verbally, is essential
- Must have excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to ensure that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Must have the ability to work independently and prioritise and plan own workload ensuring that deadlines are achieved
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
- Childcare vouchers
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.
About Landlord Action:
Landlord Action is one of the UK’s best known eviction and housing law specialists – authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
To help landlords, we have campaigned to have the law changed. Now, our constant battles are with the legal process, the court system, opportunist tenants and their lawyers. We deal with problem tenants, squatters, rental debts and other housing law matters in England and Wales. Our aim is always to resolve issues quickly and minimise losses. Our specialist knowledge and vast experience help us to get results