Borehamwood | Salary: Negotiable | Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm
We’re looking for a Software Developer to join our team to support all systems used within the Hamilton Fraser Group.
A key focus will be the development of systems supporting Hamilton Fraser’s core government schemes relating to tenancy deposit protection (mydeposits). There will also be scope to provide software development for other areas of the business. You will support the IT Manager in providing new ideas and suggestions as well as having the opportunity to coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Design and develop software applications and write efficient code
- Play an instrumental part in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Quickly identify issues and hot spots and provide solutions
- Build strong relationships with the key business stakeholders
We’d like you to have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar development role
- The following technical skills:
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (MSSQL)
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (TFS/Jenkins or similar)
- TFS / GIT source control
- Proven experience of working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience with test-driven-development
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.