Due to a restructure in our IT department we are looking for a Software Developer to join our team in Borehamwood. The successful applicant will work within the IT Team in the delivery and support of all IT systems used within the company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter to come and be a part of the Hamilton Fraser family. This role will give someone the opportunity to coach and mentor less experience members of staff and well as allow them to demonstrate their business and financial understandings.
If this sounds like you and you want to join an award winning organisations hit the apply button.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Design and develop software applications to agreed deadlines, working with 3rd parties as required
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Work closely with the business to understand the short and medium term issues and hot spots that can be eliminated or greatly improved by the use and deployment of Business systems in line with the overall IT strategy
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of staff where required
- Build links with the key business stakeholders, ensuring delivery priorities are closely linked with the needs of the business. To become knowledgeable about the various business units and departments with a view to improving services delivered by the IT department.
We’d like you to have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar development role
- The following technical skills:
- Entity Framework
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (MSSQL)
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (TFS/Jenkins or similar)
- TFS / GIT source control
- Java 7 or later (preferable)
- Spring MVC (preferable)
- Junit (preferable)
- Proven experience of working in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience with test-driven-development
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.