Regional New Business Development Executive
Scotland | Salary: up to £35,000 + £4,200 car allowance | Working hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
As a Regional Business Development Executive, your main focus will be on securing new members, through the Private Rented Sector.
Working closely with the Business Development Team, you will also advise and build relationships with existing members, making sure members are compliant as well as ensuring that the customer service and brand image is second to none.
The role is home based, although you will be expected to travel where required, and there will be some early starts and long hours. This is a full time position based on a minimum of 40 hours per week, although there will be some flexibility with the hours each day.
You will be expected to be on the road a minimum of four days per week, and in the Borehamwood office once every two weeks.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
Your role as a Regional New Business Development Executive (BDE) is to develop excellent business relationships with Agents and Key Members by:
- Maintaining regular face to face contact with your clients.
- Successfully retaining existing Agents by volume and value.
- In addition to MYD growth, you will actively demonstrate cross sales of PRS, CMP, LA, Insurance and Education Services across your Agent/Landlord panel.
- Developing new relationships and winning business from our competitors such as TDS and DPS.
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Working to your growth and retention targets you will ensure that your panel of members is visited at least once a quarter, assisting the member with any queries or issues and ensuring that any actions are followed up.
- Source, contact and track new prospects and existing members, making appointments for visits and coordinating follow up communications ensuring that all targets are met.
- Make outbound sales calls to prospects from various sources, including social media, ensuring the benefits of joining my deposits are clearly explained.
We’d like you to have:
- Confidence to deal with large clients, attend client meetings and represent at trade shows
- Ability to work unaided and also within a team environment and to cooperate with other teams within the company thereby building effective working relationships
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Expert knowledge of the Scheme Rules and fully conversant with the region’s legislation ensuring that all knowledge is kept up to date
- Drive and determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems
- Experience of working within financial services or the private rented sector would be beneficial
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.