Paralegal | Office Based, Borehamwood
37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | up to £25,000 depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Paralegal to support our Landlord Action team. Strong communication, organisational, and attention to detail skills are vital, and a background in property management or housing or legal experience is desirable. The successful candidate will be supporting the Legal Team with the preparation of bundles, bailiff applications, and informing clients of hearing results, as well as converting incoming calls into new instructions and taking payments.
We’d like you to have:
- Background in Property Management or Housing or legal experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication in both spoken and written English
- Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as the ability to learn new systems and processes
- Drive and self-determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems
- Ability to plan and organise making effective use of time and resources
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee, you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this.
About Landlord Action & Hamilton Fraser:
Landlord Action is the brand leader in this sector. Since the business was established in 1999 we’ve acted on over 20,000 evictions and advised thousands of landlords on various landlord and tenant issues. Casework varies from dealing with highly professional letting agents to highly anxious landlords. And everyone in-between. We are part of Hamilton Fraser.
Hamilton Fraser are an award-winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal, and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile, and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.