Are you an experienced network data & communications administrator who is looking to join a growing organisation and develop and build a career for them-self? If so take a look at the bellow job spec.
Hamilton Fraser are looking for a someone to join their IT division. The successful applicant will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, evaluation and implementation of network data and communications systems.
We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter to come and be a part of the Hamilton Fraser family. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join a growing organisation and develop and build a career for them-self. This opportunity offers plenty of scope for progression and opens up doors to other areas of the Business.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Managing infrastructure projects from initiation phases through to deployment
- Installation and support of both physical and virtual server environments
- Implementation and support of storage area networks (SAN) environments.
- Provide support of data backup and recovery systems and DR resiliency measures
- Perform complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery
- Work with 3rd party Web Hosting and Cloud service providers to ensure applications environments are maintained and service levels meet KPI measures.
- Provide monitoring, performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting across a broad range of systems and applications.
- Support applications providing critical communications with credit card service providers and BACS.
- Support and administer VoIP-based telephone system and associated services maintaining users, groups, time plans, dial plans, trunk groups, DDI plans, LCR plans, Voicemail, Call Recording, Music On-Hold and Auto Attendant scripts.
- Provide support for IT Development and Testing staff by maintaining/setting up development environments and providing support during application and system deployments.
- Provide support of a variety of Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future, capacity and firewall management.
- Analyse equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Maintain asset registers of related to tracking of equipment, live systems, warranty agreements and spare components
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software
We’d like you to have:
- Strong knowledge of networking; Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, LACP, STP, ISDN, ADSL, Leased Lines, VPN)
- Experience of communications channels such as ADSL/VDSL and Leased Line products.
- Experience of managing AWS/Azure cloud hosting environments
- Experience of configuring Linux (Red Hat products more desirable)
- Experience of Hybrid cloud environments
- Experience of using Targeted Threat/zero day prevention technologies
- Experience of IP-based telephone system administration and support.
- Working Knowledge of the VMWare ESXi v5.5 and v6 virtualisation platforms.
- Experience of installing and configuring Exchange Server 2013 ,Office 365 and SQL Server 2012/2017
- Knowledge of installing and configuring Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
- Childcare vouchers
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.