Legal Executive/Solicitor | Borehamwood / Home Based
37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary negotiable depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re getting busier so we need another Legal Executive or Solicitor – someone who really knows their Landlord/Tenant law. Knowledge of CPR Part 55 is essential as well as experience of a current case load of possession matters.
The successful candidate will be required to process and manage a large case-load of residential possession proceedings. That can only be achieved if you have experience in dealing with residential landlords and agents, a good telephone manner and honed computer skills. An ability to manage phone calls, whilst maintaining accuracy throughout, is critical.
Experience is needed in notice-drafting, statement-taking and residential possessions claims. Direct contact with clients and courts will be required. The candidate will need to show they are able to represent landlords at all stages, including defended matters. Everyone wants it fast. And it always has to be accurate.
We’d like you to have:
- Direct experience of residential landlord and tenant possession work is a necessity. Experience of other general litigation such as debt recovery is beneficial but not required
- High level of English language skills with a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and grammatically, in writing as well as verbally, is essential
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach to ensure that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to work independently and prioritise and plan own workload ensuring that deadlines are achieved
- Ability to work within a team environment so that effective working relationships are maintained
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn new systems and processes as required
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexibility to work remotely on an ad hoc basis (we will consider home-based applicants)
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this.
About Landlord Action & Hamilton Fraser:
Landlord Action is the brand-leader in this sector. Since the business was established in 1999 we’ve acted on over 20,000 evictions and advised thousands of landlords on various landlord and tenant issues. Case-work varies from dealing with highly professional letting agents to highly anxious landlords. And everyone in-between. We are part of Hamilton Fraser.
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.