Based in Borehamwood | 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a technology focused individual to provide 1st and 2nd line support for internal software customers. You’ll need experience in web development with .NET tools (C#, MVC, Entity Framework, ASP.NET Webforms) a well as excellent interpersonal skills and written communication.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to further their career in IT. You’ll join a friendly and welcoming company in Borehamwood with a real family feel, that can offer you a vibrant working environment and in-depth training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for internal software customers
- Develop software to meet requirements / specifications in accordance with the development schedule
- Support and maintain existing software functionality
- Assist with preparation of systems and user documentation
- Manage resolution of issues within agreed Service Levels
We’d like you to have:
- Experience in web development with .NET tools (C#, MVC, Entity Framework, ASP.NET Webforms)
- Knowledge of T-SQL/ SQL Server
- Data manipulation within tools such as Excel etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and good querying skills
- A good conceptual understanding of databases is expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication
- Methodical, analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, whilst demonstrating drive and a positive approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; constructively represent and promote a given position, view or recommendation; encourage the adoption of a given recommendation or proposal with respect to customers and project team members
- Possess first class communication and organisational skills and have the drive and motivation to deliver to challenging deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail in all areas
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Flexi time
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.