IT Support Technician
Borehamwood | Salary: up to £30,000 | Working hours: Between 8:00am and 6:00pm. 40 hours per week Monday to Friday (may be required to complete extra hours and an on-call rota)
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an IT professional with excellent interpersonal skills to join our Infrastructure team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
In this role you will work within the infrastructure team, supporting and maintaining existing key business systems for users
Some of the things you’ll get up to
- Provide first line technical support to users, responding to enquiries via phone, support tickets, emails and face-to-face
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and resolving software and hardware issues
- Identifying necessary upgrades and enhancements to desktops to support current and future business needs
- Setup of new user accounts and deal with logging in/password issues
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware, telephone equipment, operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and network communications
- Testing and evaluating new technology
We’d like you to have:
- At least 2 years proven experience in Microsoft Windows administration and networking
- At least 2 years proven experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office environment
- A sound knowledge of PC hardware (Dell, HP – desktops, laptops, screens, docking stations etc.)
- Ability to analyse information and produce well written clear and concise procedural documents
- Experience of the following would be highly beneficial: Microsoft Office 365, cloud telephony, Azure/AWS, Fortinet firewalls, backup technologies, Hyper-V/Malware, Solarwinds monitoring products, Mobile Iron, Linux, MS deployment technologies, Apple & Android mobiles, ITIL best practices, security & compliance procedures
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.