Based in Borehamwood | 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a technology focused individual with a sound knowledge of PC hardware, who is able to work under pressure within a fast moving environment to join our Infrastructure Team. Proven experience in both the Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office environment is essential as well as the ability to adapt to different situations at short notice. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to further their career in IT. You’ll join a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Provide first line technical support to users, including setting up new user accounts and log in / password issues
- Provide system support and identify necessary upgrades and enhancements in line with technology updates
- Install and configure computer hardware, communications technology, operating systems and applications
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and resolving software and hardware issues
- Test and evaluate new technology as requested
- Prepare clear and concise technical and user documentation
- Compile and maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software
- Provide mentoring support to junior colleagues
We’d like you to have:
- Proven experience in Microsoft Windows administration and networking
- Proven experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office environment
- Sound knowledge of PC hardware (Dell, HP – Desktops, Laptops, Screens, Docking stations etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines and keep promises
- Ability to be self-motivated and work unaided
- Ability to analyse information and produce well written clear and concise procedural documents
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast moving environment and to adapt to different situations at short notice
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work harmoniously within a team
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Flexi time
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.