Hamilton Fraser are looking for a IT project manager to join their IT division. The successful applicant will be responsible for effectively project managing HFIS Broking Division IT related projects
We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter to come and be a part of the Hamilton Fraser family. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join a growing organisation and develop and build a career for them-self. This opportunity offers plenty of scope for progression and opens up doors to other areas of the Business.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Work with the Group IT Director and the trading divisions to identify key projects
- Prioritise projects based on detailed cost benefit analysis focusing on actual benefit for the business
- Gather and scope definition for IT related projects and agree deadlines and prioritisation as appropriate.
- Develop of project initiation and preparation of scope documents for Broking IT projects
- Preparation and distribution of project documentation including:
- RAG (Red, Amber, Green) Project status reports
- MS Project schedules
- Project pipeline reports
- Prepare clear and concise technical and user documentation describing the operation of project deliverables
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to avoid scope creep of projects
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, liaising with various departments as needed including production of a post project report
- Ensure deliverables are as per the specification and meet business requirements
- Ensure full user acceptance testing is delivered
- Ensure accurate records are maintained throughout Broking IT projects
- Ensure policies and procedures for delivery of Broking IT projects are adhered to and raising any areas of concern with the senior stakeholders and Managers
- Ensuring timelines are effectively managed, risks and issues to these being managed and escalated as necessary.
- Acting as key member of the Broking IT delivery team and facilitating in the delivery of projects.
- Effective communication with both third party suppliers and technical staff at other group companies where necessary to support the operation.
- Ensure that all Company security procedures, as detailed in the Personal Information Security Policy, are followed and any areas of concern are notified to the Department Manager
We’d like you to have:
- Highly desirable, project management experience, gained from hands on experience in the Insurance Industry.
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 principles, themes and processes ideally candidate will possess current Practitioner certification
- Experience of the following is essential
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- IT development, and technical support preferably gained working in the Insurance Industry
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast moving environment and to adapt to different situations at short notice
- Ability to analyse information and produce well written and clear procedural information
- Good client facing skills with the ability to chair meetings with internal and external clients, prepare agendas, take minutes and prepare presentations as necessary
- Technology focused with the ability to keep abreast of new technology and a desire to understand their benefits
- Good understanding of risk management and understanding the concept of risk and possessing the awareness of mitigating it.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.