Are you an experienced accounts/finance professional looking to lead and motivate a busy and fast moving finance team?
We are looking for a strong Accounts Manager to run our in-house team, covering Credit Control, Purchase Ledger, Accounts Payable and Treasury, among other functions. Hamilton Fraser offer a number of services including Tenancy Deposit Protection, Insurance and Legal Services which will provide plenty variety and challenge in the role. As a people manager, you will manage a diverse team, identifying training requirements, and providing regular and coaching and development to ensure employees are fully engaged and motivated.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Ensure all accounting processes follow best practice principals at all times
- Work with the Accounts function and wider management team to ensure we adhere to FCA and SRA standards and regulations
- Oversight of Company Bank Accounts, ensuring that all payments and receipts are accounted for
- Monitor and forecast cash-flow requirements
- Manage relationships with third parties (insurers and finance companies)
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfil the goals of the department efficiently and effectively
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output
- Management of the Accounts Team including recruitment, on-boarding, coaching & development and performance management.
We’d like you to have:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified or QBE
- Minimum of 4 years account department or accounts practice experience in a similar role or gained within accountancy practice
- Proven people management skills with experience of managing multiple business lines
- Familiarity and experience with accounting systems, preferably Sage Line 50
- Thorough knowledge of on-line banking systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and external customers and suppliers
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on site parking space
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.