Due to an internal mover we have an exciting opportunity for a disputes case assessor to join our team. We are looking for someone with previous dispute or case handling experience who can come in and hit the ground running.
The successful applicant will deal with tenants and other interested parties in the event of a dispute over the return of the deposit at the end of the tenancy. This role will primarily involve assessing deposit disputes, ensuring the disputed amount is lodged with the Scheme, dealing with and chasing for evidence, the preparation of cases for adjudication and making certain that the Scheme Rules and Conditions of Deposit Disputes are adhered to at all times.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Respond to all dispute calls and emails that have been passed through to the Disputes Department within laid down key performance indicators and the Scheme Rules.
- Manage all relevant casework through the online or manual disputes systems, following all relevant guidance and training, keeping accurate and timely case and call records
- Work effectively with adjudicators in management of case load, seeking advice and opinion where relevant, in order to provide the best possible service
- Proof reading of internal/external adjudications and requesting payments from members
- Liaising with Members and Tenants by telephone and email in order to achieve early resolution of the dispute, including making first contact on all cases
- Where required, to draft and issue a default decision or proposed decision ensuring all KPIs and timescales are followed
We’d like you to have:
- Previous experience of dispute or case handling is desired
- Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members thereby building effective working relationships
- Drive and self determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.