Disputes Case Assessor
Borehamwood | Salary: £19,00-£25,000 | Working hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5.30pm (40 hours per week)
Due to an internal mover we have an exciting opportunity for a disputes case assessor to join our team. We are looking for someone with previous dispute or case handling experience who can come in and hit the ground running.
The successful applicant will be responsible for successfully resolving deposit disputes received by mydeposits following the outlined disputes process, from initial enquires, dispute handling, attempting early resolution and resolution by way of written proposal or decision where required, as well as effectively managing a caseload of disputes cases.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Handling and resolving a set number of disputes received by the scheme by way of early resolution, default decision or written decision.
- Providing advice to Members and Tenants over the telephone and by email. This will include liaising with Letting and Estate Agents, Landlords and Tenants
- Respond to all dispute calls and emails that have been passed through to the Disputes Department
- Working with the Senior Case Assessors, Adjudicators and Team Leaders in escalating and investigating disputes for adjudication, as well as looking to resolve disputes as early as possible.
- Liaising with Members and Tenants by telephone and email to attempt to achieve a resolution to the complaint including first contact by way of telephone
- Approving dispute cases, assessing evidence provided and logging disputes, ensuring that all information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administering the process of collecting and collating dispute evidence and disputed amount fees
We’d like you to have:
- Experience in the property sector especially the private rented sector and a lettings background is desirable.
- Previous work experience relating to complaint or claims handling within a property, legal or customer service environment is desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.