Commercial Account Handler
Borehamwood | Salary: up to £30,500 | Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a sales focused account manager with excellent interpersonal skills to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
This role will encompass all account handler duties including client visits, account administration, policy negotiation and client/insurer interaction.
Some of the things you’ll get up to
- Maintaining and enhancing existing/new client relationships, including client and insurer visits
- Securing new business
- Policy quotations, renewals, and mid-term adjustments
- Cross selling other Hamilton Fraser insurance products, identifying opportunities to promote additional cover benefits i.e cyber. P.L etc
- Attending and preparing for external events and exhibitions
We’d like you to have:
- Minimum 3 years Commercial insurance experience is required; general SME experience will be considered and knowledge of professional indemnity insurance would be an advantage
- A proven sales focused approach to client relationships
- Cert CII or significant progress towards the qualification would be an advantage
- Excellent inter-personal and telephone skills with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely with others
- Sound IT skills particularly with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to learn new systems and procedures
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.