Based in Borehamwood | 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary range up to £24,000 depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a customer-focused individual to join our Property Claims Team. Experience in the property sector especially the private rented sector will be useful but not essential, as well as a basic understanding of the insurance or financial services industry. You’ll act as the first point of contact for new and existing customers, providing advice & guidance to policyholders throughout the life cycle of their claim. You’ll need experience of working in a claims environment along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’ll join a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Gather and collate all necessary documentation and information in order to accurately analyse and procced with a claim
- Negotiate, settle and/or repudiate claims within delegated limits of authority and to refer all claims above delegated authority to underwriters with recommendations
- Process & maintain client & departmental emails
- Prepare written responses to enquiries
- Maintain diary systems by written and oral communications
- Maintain professional relationships with loss adjusters, insurers and other relevant legal and claims professionals
- Be the first point of contact and provide advice/guidance to policyholders throughout the life cycle of a claim
- Monitor the progress of a claim, making sure customers and other relevant parties (internal and external) are kept informed of the progress of claims where appropriate and any issues that may arise.
- Act in accordance with the agreed procedures and protocols under Delegated Authority Schemes
- Understand and adhere to all Company procedures and any areas of concern are notified to your Line Manager
- Ensure all documentation issued and actions taken fall within the agreed service standards and FCA regulations
- Ensure that all Company security procedures, as detailed in the Personal Information Security Policy, are followed and any areas of concern are notified to your Line Manager
- To input accurate data entry in respect of client records ensuring completion within the agreed service standards
- Answer, resolve and/or transfer inbound phone calls when required
- To keep up to date with industry news and developments ensuring that your technical knowledge is kept current
We’d like you to have:
- Experience of working in a claims environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Good knowledge of MS office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work within a small team and across departments
- The ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines, keep promises and prioritise own workload
- Experience in the property sector especially the private rented sector, will be useful but not essential, as will a basic understanding of the insurance or financial services industry
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.