Based in Borehamwood | 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail and experience within a Legal or Alternative Dispute Resolution environment to join our Decisions Team. A legal qualification e.g. LLB or other appropriate legal background is essential. You’ll join a friendly and welcoming company in Borehamwood with a real family feel, that can offer you a vibrant working environment and in-depth training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Consider the positions of the parties and the evidence available to provide a resolution to the complaint.
- Achieve a resolution by way of a written proposed decision, final decision, or default decision, ensuring that all facts and submissions have been taken fully into account.
- Produce in writing and in a timely manner, a document conveying the resolution, including any amounts awarded or actions required and reasons for these awards or actions.
- Provide a copy of the decision document to the Contact Team, Case Assessor or directly onto the complaint system, within the prescribed time scales.
- Provide resolutions, in accordance with the above, for an agreed share of the complaints allocated on a weekly basis.
- Produce, on average, a set number of resolutions over a prescribed timeframe as agreed with the Head of Redress or Operations Manager.
- Assist Case Assessors with formulating resolutions prior to the complaint being escalated and act as a source of knowledge and experience in attempts to achieve early resolution of complaints.
- Keep updated in relation to relevant areas of legislation and regulation, and proactively research relevant areas of Property law.
- Act as a source of knowledge on technical issues to other areas of the business including writing of case studies and assisting with training of new Case Officers, Case Assessors and Contact Officers.
- Undertake training in relation to completing tenancy deposit adjudications.
- Assist the Head of Redress or PRS Managing Director to achieve objectives by carrying out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time.
We’d like you to have:
- Experience within a Legal or ADR environment is desirable
- A legal qualification or other appropriate legal background
- A high level of English language skills with a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and grammatically, in writing as well as verbally
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to work within a team environment so that effective working relationships are maintained
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn new systems and processes as required
- Drive and self determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems
- Ability to plan and organise making effective use of time and resources.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Flexi time
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people also regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.