Based in Borehamwood | 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a highly organised individual with an excellent telephone manner and experience in dealing with complaints or claims handling within the Property, Legal or Customer Service environment to join our Disputes Team. Experience in the Property Sector, ideally the Private Rented or Lettings Sector, is desirable, along with a basic understanding of the Insurance or Financial Services industry. You’ll join a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Handle complaints ensuring all KPIs and timescales are followed
- Work towards achieving successful early resolution in respect of an agreed number of complaints
- Administer the process of collecting and collating complaint evidence and entry level complaint fees, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed within the required timescales
- Provide updates to complainants and members regarding the status of the complaint and maintaining regular contact throughout the duration of a complaint
- Provide complaint advice to Members and Complainants over the telephone and by email. This will include liaising with Letting and Estate Agents, Landlords, Tenants, Leasehold management companies and other Property professionals
- Work with Case Officers in escalating and investigating requests for reviews of decisions, as well as responding to complaints against the Scheme
- Liaise with Members and Complainants by telephone and email to attempt to achieve a resolution to the complaint
- Check and log complaints, ensuring that all information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with maintenance of the complaints spreadsheet/log and providing data to relevant parties when required
- Assist with training of staff where required
- Assist with preparation of monthly reports for Government and internal purposes and along with the production of the annual report
- Complete written decisions in order to achieve resolution in relation to complaints, where required
- Provide support when required for communication and membership enquires and calls
We’d like you to have:
- Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely (following training)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn new systems and processes as required.
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members thereby building effective working relationships
- Drive and self-determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems.
- Ability to plan and organise making effective use of time and resources.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Flexi time
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people also regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.