Based in Borehamwood | 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary c £25,000 depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a customer-focused and highly organised individual to join as a Case Assessor within our Property Redress Scheme. You’ll be responsible for handling complaints received by the PRS and successfully resolving complaints by way of early resolution. You’ll need knowledge of working within a complaints or claim handling environment along with excellent attention to detail. You’ll join a successful organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Receiving and handling complaints, working towards achieving successful early resolution
- Collecting and collating complaint evidence and entry level complaint fees
- Liaising with Members and Complainants by telephone and email to attempt to achieve a resolution to the complaint
- Providing complaint advice to Members and Complainants (Letting and Estate Agents, Landlords, Tenants, Leasehold management companies and other Property professionals) over the telephone and by email
- Working with the Case Officers in escalating and investigating requests for reviews of decisions, as well as responding to complaints
- Providing updates to complainants and members regarding the status of the complaint and maintaining regular contact
- Checking and logging complaints, ensuring that all information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting with maintenance of the complaints spreadsheet/log and providing data to relevant parties when required
- Support training of colleagues where required
We’d like you to have:
- Experience in the property sector especially the private rented sector is desirable, as well as a basic understanding of the insurance or financial services industry
- Previous work experience relating to complaint or claims handling within a property, legal or customer service environment
- Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely (following training)
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Excellent understanding of PRS Terms of Reference (following training)
- Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members thereby building effective working relationships
- Drive and self-determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems
- Ability to plan and organise making effective use of time and resources
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn new systems and processes as required
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Flexi time
- Rotational home / office working
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.