Based in Borehamwood | 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) | Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a highly organised individual with an excellent telephone manner and experience in dealing with complaints or claims handling within the Property, Legal or Customer Service environment to join our Disputes Team. Experience in the Property Sector, ideally the Private Rented or Lettings Sector, is desirable, along with a basic understanding of the Insurance or Financial Services industry. You’ll join a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Handle and resolve disputes received by the scheme by way of early resolution, default decision or written decision ensuring all KPIs and timescales are followed
- Provide advice to Members and Tenants over the telephone and by email
- Respond to all dispute calls and emails that have been passed through to the Disputes Department within laid down key performance indicators and the Scheme Rules
- Liaise with Members and Tenants by telephone and email to attempt to achieve a resolution to the complaint including first contact by way of telephone
- Approve dispute cases, assessing evidence provided and logging disputes, ensuring that all information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner
- Administer the process of collecting and collating dispute evidence and disputed amount fees
- Assist with maintenance of relevant spreadsheets/logs and providing data to relevant parties when required
- Assist with preparation of monthly reports for Government and internal purposes along with the production of the annual report
- Provide support when required for communication and membership enquires and calls.
- Provide other assistance as required ensuring the smooth running of the department which may be required by the management team.
- Recommend process/service improvements as part of on-going overall case management, and assist with analysis and project work where required
We’d like you to have:
- Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely (following training)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn new systems and processes as required.
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members thereby building effective working relationships
- Drive and self-determination with the ability to find and implement solutions to problems.
- Ability to plan and organise making effective use of time and resources.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Flexi time
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
- Annual leave purchase scheme
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people also regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.