Business Intelligence Developer
Borehamwood | Salary: up to £40,000 | Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a highly numerate BI Developer with an aptitude for, and interest in problem solving, to join our Group Data & Analytics Team . This is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to further their BI career in a rapidly growing organisation in Borehamwood with a real family feel that can offer you a vibrant working environment and industry leading training. Ideally you will have 3 year’s experience in a similar role.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- Design, development and maintenance of Group management information reports and performance measures
- Data Engineering, including the development, testing and maintenance of company data analytics solution and associated ETL / ELT pipelines
- Preparation of data assets for use in predictive and prescriptive modelling, including identification of new data patterns and actionable insight from company data assets
In addition to the above, you’ll also get involved with day to day monitoring of data quality in line with the company data strategy and help drive the appropriate use, understanding and interpretation of management information throughout the business. You’ll ensure appropriate coding standards and naming conventions are observed when preparing new data and reporting assets, while maintaining existing reporting documentation and creation of further documentation as required, as well as ad hoc query development, bug fixing and configuration tasks.
We’d like you to have:
- At least 3 year’s experience within a similar role
- Strong TSQL querying knowledge
- Knowledge of the cloud Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack as well as on premises, incorporating Azure Data toolset (Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Bricks), SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Awareness of Dimensional Modelling approaches including Kimball & Inmon
- Awareness of machine learning techniques beneficial
- C#, R and/or Python knowledge beneficial
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and Power Pivot
- Report and dashboard design, development, automation and maintenance experience using SSRS, Power BI and/or Tableau
- Experience of developing, refactoring, and documenting T-SQL code and other SQL Server objects
- Knowledge and experience of MDX and DAX
- Knowledge of Mathematics / Statistical applications for predictive analytics, including regression models
You’ll also need to be:
- Highly numerate with the ability to analyse, interpret and consolidate complex information
- Good interpersonal skills working within a team environment and the ability to communicate clearly and precisely with others
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan and organise own workload and make effective use of time ensuring deadlines are achieved
- An aptitude for problem solving and risk mitigation
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills and have the drive and motivation to deliver to challenging deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail in all areas
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Rental deposit loan
At Hamilton Fraser we value development and progression of all our people and so we also offer financial support for studying towards professional qualifications plus study time. As an employee you will also benefit from a wide variety of high-quality in-house and external training. In addition, we strongly encourage idea generation and collaboration through our Innovation Forum, which is open to all, regardless of tenure or level.
We have a relaxed and friendly environment, and our dress code reflects this. Our people regularly participate in subsidised sports and social events outside of the office, while in the office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit are provided.
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market as well as the cosmetic and aesthetic sector. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.