We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced adjudicator to join our legal division. We are ideally looking for someone with around two years of experience as an adjudicator or from a similar role.
This is an great opportunity for someone looking to join a growing organisation, improve on their existing skills with first class training and develop and build a career for them-self.
The successful applicants main focus will be to adjudicate in accordance with ‘my desposits protection scheme’s rules on disputes between member landlords/agents and tenants relating to their tenancy deposits. This is a full time role working Monday-Friday on a 37.5 hour per week contract and is based from our office in Borehamwood.
Some of the things you’ll get up to:
- To receive evidence from the parties to the dispute via the Dispute Case Handlers.
- To consider all available evidence with the view of making a reasoned, independent and unbiased decision on your case load.
- To produce in writing documentation conveying your adjudicated decision including the amounts awarded to either the tenant, the landlord or both with full reasoning and ensuring that all facts and submissions have been taken in to full account.
- To produce a set number of adjudications over a agreed period of time as agreed between you and the adjudication team leader.
- To support and advise the case assessors in their assessment of a dispute and their attempts resolve the dispute.
We’d like you to have:
- Experience within a legal or ADR environment would be advantageous.
- A high level the English language with the proven ability to communicate clearly is essential.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work both in a team and individually.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holiday
- Private healthcare for you and dependents (after one year’s service)
- Season ticket loans
- Rental deposit loans
About Hamilton Fraser:
Hamilton Fraser are an award winning leader in the property insurance market. We administer the mydeposits tenancy deposit scheme, offer financial, legal and redress services as well as being the UK’s largest supplier of cosmetic insurance. We’re growing rapidly by acquisition and market share and have an extensive portfolio of impressive brands, our office is a hive of activity. Located in Borehamwood, with fantastic transport links, we have a dynamic, agile and fun environment where you can expect to develop your career at an accelerated pace and be generously rewarded for your efforts.