Due to growth, we are looking to recruit an experienced Claims Handler to join our Property claims team to help ensure that all claims are handled professionally and efficiently from notification through to settlement. Our award winning landlord insurance offering, Total Landlord Insurance, has been a leading specialist in providing comprehensive cover for landlords since 1996, our focus being to offer easy to understand insurance for landlords and our Claims Team are an integral part of this service.
You will help ensure that Hamilton Fraser and excellent levels of customer service are maintained by:
- Being the first point of contact and providing advice to policyholders throughout the life cycle of a claim, monitoring its progress and keeping all parties informed
- Processing new insurance claim notifications, collecting and analysing accurate information and documents required
- Negotiating, settling and/or repudiating or referring claims to the underwriter
- Maintaining professional relationships with loss adjusters, insurers and other professionals
Please click here for a full description.
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- At least 1 year’s claims or case handling experience
- Experience within General Insurance (excluding motor) with particular reference to Property, Medical Indemnity and General Commercial Products, along with a good and proven understanding of the General Insurance / Lloyds Markets and FCA regulations
- A good and proven understanding of the main General Insurance Products and/or the willingness to learn as necessary
- Excellent inter-personal and telephone skills with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely with others
- Good organisational skills; be able to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast moving environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to resolve problems and provide solutions
- A good level of written and spoken English and Maths
- Sound IT skills particularly with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to learn new systems and processes as required
- The ability to meet deadlines, and prioritise own workload
- Integrity; be able to keep promises and demonstrate fairness and impartiality
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment
The role will be based in our bright and vibrant offices in Borehamwood, conveniently located near to the M25 & A1 and within reach of Elstree & Borehamwood station.
Hours of work will be 37.5, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm. Flexi-time will available once initial probation is passed.
In return you can expect in-depth training including progression to Cert CII, a competitive salary, pension and strong career progression within the insurance industry.
About Hamilton Fraser
Hamilton Fraser provides specialist insurance services to the private rented sector and the aesthetic and cosmetic sector. We also offer a simple tenancy deposit protection solution for landlords, letting agents and tenants. In addition we can help protect reputations by providing an independent complaint handling service for both the private rented sector and the cosmetic and aesthetic industry with our redress schemes. We believe in delivering expert customer service and raising standards in our specialist sectors.
We want all our customers to tell their friends and colleagues about our great service, expert advice and market leading products