We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Team Leader to lead and motivate the Accounts team. This is a key role for Hamilton Fraser as the Accounts function provides support to all areas of the group, and includes credit control, purchase ledger, reconciliations and treasury. In addition the Accounts Team Leader will be expected to manage, coach and develop staff.
You will ensure that excellent Accounting service levels are maintained by:
- Ensuring the overall smooth running of the Accounts department, seeing that all company, regulatory and departmental procedures are followed
- Ensuring that daily, weekly and month-end finance reconciliations and routines are completed on time and following best practice
- Ensuring that all documentation issued, falls within agreed service standards and FCA regulations
- Regularly reviewing, maintaining, and improving accounts procedures, manuals, systems and processes
- Managing the bank accounts of all group companies, ensuring that all payments and receipts are accounted for and reconciliations completed on a regular basis
- Monitoring and forecasting cash-flow requirements, where required
- Being responsible for monitoring and reconciling all 3rd party finance, insurer and OCE accounts and bordereaux
- Monitoring and performing credit card, bank and insurer reconciliations, ensuring differences are investigated and rectified
- Team management to include:
- Maintaining adequate staff cover at all times
- Conducting Performance Management Reviews
- Coaching, advice and support as required
- Identifying training requirements and development needs
- Recommending action where performance is not satisfactory
Please click here for a full job description.
Successful applicants will demonstrate:
- Experience in managing a multi functional accounts team
- Good all round accounts knowledge with a minimum of 5 years accounts department experience
- Familiarity and experience with accounting systems, preferably Sage Line 50
- Thorough knowledge of on-line banking systems and procedures
- AAT qualification or similar as a minimum
- Good IT skills particularly with Excel and MS Word
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail in all areas
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and external customers and suppliers
- A good level of English, both written and oral
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to deal with any complaints in line with company and FCA regulatory requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise the department’s own workload
- Excellent management and coaching skills
The role will be based in our bright and vibrant offices in Borehamwood, conveniently located near to the M25 & A1 and within reach of Elstree & Borehamwood station.
Hours of work will be 37.5 per week 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
In return you can expect in-depth training including our Team Leader Skills Programme, a competitive salary, pension and strong career progression in a supportive and friendly environment. An allocated car parking space is provided for this position.
Hamilton Fraser provides specialist insurance services to the private rented sector and the aesthetic and cosmetic sector. We also offer a simple tenancy deposit protection solution for landlords, letting agents and tenants. In addition we can help protect reputations by providing an independent complaint handling service for both the private rented sector and the cosmetic and aesthetic industry with our redress schemes. We believe in delivering expert customer service and raising standards in our specialist sectors.
We want all our customers to tell their friends and colleagues about our great service, expert advice and market leading products